Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My grandsons have been removed from having contact with my…

Customer Question
My grandsons have been...

My grandsons have been removed from having contact with my daughter. She was given a plan for her 4 year old that he not be with his father. I am the grandmother and want to know if I have any rights to my 4 year old grandson. My 2 year old has a different father and is in CPS custody by way of foster care

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Collin County Texas ( Plano Texas)

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I am in the process of retaining one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just what my rights are as a grandparent

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Family Lawyer: Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Longhorn Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

Hi there,

First, I am really sorry for the delay. I don't know how I missed coming back to your question. My apologies for that.

I'm confused about some of the information you've provided. First you said your grandsons don't have contact with your daughter. Then you said your daughter is given a plan for her 4 year old that he can't be with his father. So is the 4 year old not allowed to be with either parent?