Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If I file a Request for Order with exhibits, and I forget to…

Customer Question
If I file a Request...
If I file a Request for Order with exhibits, and I forget to include some of the exhibits (or decide later I want to include more exhibits), can I file them later? This is in Family Court in CA.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/10/2018
Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 3 months ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney

You can, as long as you file them within the timing requirements of the count that your hearing is in. May I ask the county?

Los Angeles County, Long Beach Superior court
Due to a mix-up between attorneys, I already missed the filing deadline set out in the previous order. I'm going to file anyway. I'm in pro per right now.
Best of luck. You can also request a continuance but there's no guarantee it will be granted.