Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a at risk adult that has a woman in his house since…

Customer Question
I have a at...

I have a at risk adult that has a woman in his house since last year he is autistic. He has a new attorney now for this case but his old attorney told him that that the woman in his house could live there for free no court orders no agreements. We have a month to month lease can we get her out without affecting a civil case against him there is one on down the road?.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This woman has been threatening him for over a year she yells and screams and says it is her house. Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes for the assault when he hit her the criminal part is till in the works no civil as of yet.. No court orders no agreements to have her stay in house. His and her attorneys knew each other we fired his old attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Her medical bills were paid by medicaid we want her out of his house I have power of attorney over him and house

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/9/2018
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

You would need to serve this woman with a Notice to Vacate and if she fails to leave you'd file a formal eviction action. Those generally take about 30 days from start to finish.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will it affect any decisions if it goes to civil court that he made her leave shes has 6 thousand dollars in free rent already? Will it hurt the civil case?

Does the civil case have anything to do with her?

Ely, Counselor at Law