Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am on year three of trying to divorce my husband and

Customer Question
Hi Pearl - I...

Hi Pearl - I am on year three of trying to divorce my husband and attorney 2. We have been to court where the judge ordered the final decree and it had been a total of 5 months since that date and the respondents attorney had not yet returned the decree document.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Next step being revisiting the judge to sign off on the decree. We are in Texas and I am personally fed up wih this process. Where should I go from here ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Everything but the final decree in which the respondent attorney will not sign and return

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is a court ordered no contact due to family violence

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 4 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

1) Do you have an MSA in place which finalizes the agreement between your husband and you?

2) If so, does that MSA say who is to draft the decree, and, by what time it is to be filed?

I do not believe so. Please define MSA in regardes to the final decree

A master settlement agreement, i.e. a mediated/agreed-upon written document which states what the two of you agree upon in the divorce.