Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

DamienJD
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
I have an adoption question in Texas. A friend of a friend
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Juris Doctor
I have an adoption question in Texas. A friend of a friend came to us and wants us to adopt her baby. Because it was so last minute, we weren't prepared with home study and other paperwork, so She was… read more
In the state on nh can the hospital admit your child to a
DanLegal
DanLegal, Law Partner
In the state on nh can the hospital admit your child to a psychiatric hospital against a parents rights … read more
I'd like to ask a question. If I know that my wife who has
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
HEllo I'd like to ask a question. If I know that my wife who has left me to move in Oklahoma (we're still legally married) is having a relationship with another man and all the while blocking me from … read more
Second opinion] My ex husband manipulated our child support
Phillips Esq., Attorney
second opinion] My ex husband manipulated our child support case in Oklahoma by getting fired dilibrately. He then moved to Texas where I live. This was 3 years ago. He requested a modification. Oklah… read more
My girlfriend gave birth 24 hours ago. the cps opened a case
P. Simmons, Lawyer
My girlfriend gave birth 24 hours ago. the cps opened a case based on " risk because of an arrest 5 years ago, drug possession. No trouble since. Mother and baby both tested negative at birth. They ar… read more
I have four grown children and 13 grandchildren. I am
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
I have four grown children and 13 grandchildren. I am disabled, colecting social security. I am 66 years old. I was divorced in 1984 in Oklahoma. I never was represented in court or present when the d… read more
My mom just died on Saturday night at Del Webb Hospital. Recently
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
My mom just died on Saturday night at Del Webb Hospital. Recently my sister has had some Financial issues. She decided to move my mom out of my house and into hers. This was several months ago. Now th… read more
CYFD of Las Vegas New Mexico turned kids over back to their
Law Educator, Esq., family lawyer
CYFD of Las Vegas New Mexico turned kids over back to their mother knowing she wasn't in rehab or going to rehab. She was still usin drugs at the time they gave them back to her. … read more
Is CT's DCF allowed to release a parent's HIPAA info in an
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Is CT's DCF allowed to release a parent's HIPAA info in an affidavit to the court, which in turn, was duplicated and given to people not directly related to the litigation?… read more
Hello, My name is***** sister is currently going through
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Hello, My name is***** sister is currently going through a serious cps issue. Here is a brief synopsis of what is going on. My sister son's has cerebal palsy and has been severely sick for 12 years of… read more
My sister is accusing me of abusing our 92 year old mother.
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
My sister is accusing me of abusing our 92 year old mother. She has an ax to grind with me and is trying to get at me through our mother. My mother has lived with me for 16 years and has always been v… read more
My ex-wife is about to loose the home my children live in to
Phillips Esq., Attorney
My ex-wife is about to loose the home my children live in to foreclosure, is it possible for me to gain custody of them because she will not be able to provide a place for them to live? I give her $12… read more
Good Morning My aunt is 97 years old and lives in Chicago.
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
Good Morning My aunt is 97 years old and lives in Chicago. Her husband passed away in 1972 and she has no children. My aunt sold her house about 7 years ago and moved in with my sister. The money from… read more
My niece, 7 years old, is in protective custody in Oklahoma.
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
My niece, 7 years old, is in protective custody in Oklahoma. She has been in protective custody (child shelter) for over 2 weeks. I've been talking with the case worker and was informed yesterday - fo… read more
I have been through a divorce and have really gotten the shaft,
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
I have been through a divorce and have really gotten the shaft, by my own lawyer! I actually feel that he has been working for the other side. The divorce is final, yet things keep coming up, is there… read more
In the state of Texas, is a wife who has been estranged from
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
In the state of Texas, is a wife who has been estranged from her husband for 2 years or more, considered to be the 'Legal Spouse' related to handling the estate of her recently deceased husband?… read more
My father passed away and the property he has, which belonged
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
My father passed away and the property he has, which belonged to his father, his wife is getting. My grandfather passed the land on to my dad and it was suppose to be passed on to me. What can I do if… read more
If a couple are common law and one person dieds what is the
Ellen, Attorney
If a couple are common law and one person dieds what is the law on dividing the estate between spouse and childern?… read more