Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

By having to refinance my home to get my spouses name off…

Customer Question
By having to refinance...

By having to refinance my home to get my spouses name off the loan, i will incur a tremendous amount of debt on mortgage interest that is paid down to where there is little interest per month now. how will the court view this from a stand point of a final settlement?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

S.C.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

My lawyer doesn't seem too eager to make these type of arguments.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He also doesn't feel strongly about arguing for the health care insurance I'm losing through my spouses work, that will cost me around 15k. a year through the ACA.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/9/2018
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 month ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Can you please clarify:

1) Have you already finalized the divorce, or not?

2) Who wants the home? You or him? If you want it, does he disagree with that, or, he agrees with it?

3) Any minor children? If so, who will be the custodian?

Ely, Counselor at Law