Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My 21 year old grandson is spending most all of his pay on…

My 21 year old...

My 21 year old grandson is spending most all of his pay on marijuana and/or other drugs. Is there any way to stop this such as incompetent/

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. My husband and I are "elderly: (71) and know he has stolen over $2,000 from us but how do you put your grandson in jail/prison.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Isn't that enough.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. As an adult, it is at his discretion to spend his pay on whatever he wants. The only way to stop this would be to call the police and report this and see if there is a basis to arrest and charge him. If he stole money from you, you can report it and he can be charged or if you report his drug possession and the police interact with him and believe he is in possession, can arrest and charge him as well. Of course, if this happens, it may scare him straight but he can spend his money how he wants.

Just as I figured. Thank you.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer