Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Wife abandoned our sex life in January 2014. She abandoned…

Customer Question
Wife abandoned our sex...

Wife abandoned our sex life in January 2014. She abandoned our home right after our 13th wedding anniversary.In Michigan will the charge of abandonment. be sufficient

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How is it she can go after my pension,she has a 401k,and file for divorce.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Michigan

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Just to clarify, your wife is filing for a divorce currently? What year did she leave the marriage? Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
October 26,2017.Sadly after our 13th wedding anniversary/32 year of involvement.
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

I'm sorry to hear that.

What specifically is your question for me today? Are you wondering about a potential division of assets?

Unfrotunately spousal abandonment is not really something that Michigan courts take into consideration in a divorce.

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered. Think of this more as a back and forth conversation. Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law