Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I’m not sure if I will be clean for a drug test this

Hi. I’m not sure...

Hi. I’m not sure if I will be clean for a drug test this morning, it is for DHR (Alabama) and I’m not involved in the court system and I volunteered the information prompting the drug test. Will they supervise the drug test?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in?

AL

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I believe it was filed. First offense i haven’t had to go to court or anything

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Thank you

Are you an employee of the Alabama DHR?

Are you referring to the Alabama Department of Human Resources? Are you an employee?

I'm trying to determine the nature of the drug test in oreder to help you, thanks!

Not an employee
I’ve not failed a drug test for DHR ever and the field offense has nothing to do with drugs I’m basically taking the test because I volunteered it
the screening is being done at a preemployment agency
First offense* not field offense

Thanks for the additional information.

Based on the information you've shared, and the fact that this test will take place at a pre-employment agency, then it is most likley not a supervised drug test.

You should be given the drug test and allowed to take it in a private bathroom.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Nisha Jones

If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to you, take care!