Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What I’m going to do my husband filed a divorce while my…

Customer Question
What I’m going to...

What I’m going to do my husband filed a divorce while my adjustment of status is still on the process. Should I leave the Us?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/9/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Could you explain a little more?

How far are you on the adjustment process?

Have you submitted the required documents and are now waiting for interview?

What is the reason for the divorce?

When do you expect the divorce case to complete?

How long have you been married?

Do you have any children of the marriage?

Kindly provide more information.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I already have my Combo Card (Work Authorization permit and Advance Parole) I’m just waiting for the schedule of our interview. We got married July 2017 and we sent our packet August 2017. We keep fighting regarding with his ex wife and other stuff and he don’t want to fight anymore that’s why he decided to end us. �� He is sending me now the divorce paper coz we’re not living together anymore I’m now in othe state. We don’t have a kid

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Your Questions:

Response: No, you should not leave the U.S. You should wait to see how the divorce progressed. However, if you are already living separate and apart because you do not get along anymore, your adjustment of status is already in trouble. Nonetheless, you should wait to get the interview date and then contact your husband to see if he is still willing to assist you in getting the adjustment of status.

You may have to make a deal with him in the divorce case that you would sign the divorce papers so long as he waits until your adjustment of status process is completed.

Best wishes,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

He said He is not going to the interview. My immigration status will be between me and USCIS, He will not be involved any more. That’s what he said. So what I’m going to do now? Is it really over? I cannot obtain my green card anymore? Is there any thing I can do with that? What’s gonna happen after the divorce?

Thank you for the information.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,