Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Have my father ruining everything in my family he’s married…

Customer Question
Hey I have my...

Hey I have my father ruining everything in my family he’s married to my mom and I want to know how to get him to leave the house

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

He has a mistress

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Just that he’s been abusive with my mom and sister

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In Long Island New York

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/9/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Your mother would need to file for Restraining Order. If her application for Restraining Order is granted, your father must leave the house. Click here for more information on Restraining Orders and how to get apply for one.

https://www.nycourts.gov/faq/orderofprotection.shtml

Your mum may also start a divorce case against him. Click here for information on divorce process and forms.

https://www.nycourts.gov/divorce/forms.shtml

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law