Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am paying child support in Alabama State and New York

Customer Question
I am paying child...

I am paying child support in Alabama State and New York State wanted to know what happened to the money I've been paying

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am paying child support in New York State and Alabama State

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just found out about it when Alabama State garnish my federal refund

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/8/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Do you currently have an active child support order? What state are your children residing in currently? Thanks!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered. Think of this more as a back and forth conversation. Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!