Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been fostering a downs & Autistic boy for 7yrs. The…

Customer Question
I have been fostering...

I have been fostering a downs & Autistic boy for 7yrs. The Pediatrician has recommended that he not be returned to his single dad, although his siblings were returned, they do not have any disabilities, can speak, dress

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

& can look out for themselves! the social worker needs some support on getting an advocate for our boy .He does not talk, virtually a 2year old ! as diagnosed by Pediatrician!

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes by the Pediatrician , although he recommended that the other children not be returned, but the ministry did not comply!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The father left the children with a drug induced mother, so then the children were taken into care. He was single and looked for a girlfriend, who is also

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/8/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

If there is risk to the child, the foster parent and the physician together may petition the court to strip the parent of custody. It would help to get additional support from the social worker as well, and preferably having the child concur with this decision.

The child has no speech relates with behaviour shown very difficult behaviour after each visit father left children also was/is on med marijuana which older sibling found/ tried took to school girlfriend also not reputable has also been charged for theft/ abuse
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!