Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Im preparing my documents for a divorce.When they ask for…

Im preparing my documents for...
Im preparing my documents for a divorce.When they ask for income verification documents what is a good thing to add....a W2, a bank statement, ???
3/8/2018
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Income verification is typically proven by pay stubs, a W2, or tax returns. Bank statements tend to provide a lot more information than just income, so that's something you often wouldn't provide unless you receive checks from multiple different sources or they specifically asked for bank statements. Other documents will show your income without also revealing your spending habits.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer