Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son father took me to court for full custody in December,

Hello, my name is...

Hello, my name is ***** ***** my son father took me to court for full custody in December, the judge gave us joint custody. I got in some trouble when i had the baby, someone I knew since high school turned out to be abusive,he had me on the street and i had my baby and he hit me with the baby in my arm and my 1 year old fell and hit his head, I told the officer that he was hot boxing with baby in the car so he can get in trouble,it all flipped back on me, and father know has temporary custody until court. Children service is involved, what will happen, im worried.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Children services is involved yes

Answered in 6 days by:
3/14/2018
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I would like to continue

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, any type of domestic violence in the presence of the child is a problem for you, including the fact you did not tell the truth trying to protect the abuser. The fact you did not tell the truth will be used against you by the court and they are going to push for supervised visitation at this point, you will have to undergo therapy and will have to make a complete break from the individual abuser as well before they would consider giving you back unsupervised visitation.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I told the truth, I do not talk to no more, I didn’t know he was abusive, and would hit me in front of my child, he fell when he hit me, he’s 1 years old. The father has a history as well threaten his mom with terorist threats, I don’t think the courts know that. Would my mom be able to get custody before court.
I told them what happen, to get away from him, I didn’t know they would get cps involved.

Thank you for your reply.

It is possible your mom could get custody if you prove the father is abusive as well, but you would have to have your mom get a local attorney and they would have to file in court with proof the father is abusive and that the child is in immediate danger of harm in order to get the custody before the next court date.

Yea he did a theroist threat at him mom house before baby was born, she had him arrested.

Thank you for your reply.

Your mom would have to provide evidence of that in court. If your mom can prove he is violent that is good cause for your mom to seek custody, but it has to be recent violent acts.

It was a year ago when I was pregnant baby is one he will be 2 in September

Thank you for your reply.

You have to show violence less than a year ago, if it is almost too years, the court can claim it is not recent enough.

Ok

Thank you for your reply.