Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question about child custody and visitation. Is the…

Customer Question
Good evening. I have...

Good evening. I have a question about child custody and visitation. Is the support order the only binding agreement between a child and custody?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My apologies. The state of Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

There has been several things filed like not allowing visitation as well as multiple court dates but now they have scheduled a jury trial. The only problem is that it seems as though the situation isnt improving because the mother of the child decided to leave the city and didnt show up to court today and there seems to be nothing being done about it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That CPS is involved Not on my end either

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My ex has circulated false text messages acting like I am threatening her which is why the amicus attorney denied my visits after I was ordered visitation. I did not make these text messages and I would never jeopardize seeing my daughter by doing something stupid like that. CPS has gone by her residence and told me that they drug test her. They were not able to give me results, but he did ask who was the next legal guardian for my daughter. This a complex case because it is two females and a donor involved in the case. My biological brother donated his sperm to me bc I am a lesbian. We did not go to a clinic we basically did everything at home. There was a verbal agreement amongst the three of us that we would never have to go through this. My brother is currently involved and they are ordering him to take a DNA test.
3/8/2018
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

A support order actually has very little to do with a formal custody designation.

It doesn't mean someone has a certain type of legal vs. physical/residential custody.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No you don't have to call me I rather type. I wasnt aware that it was an extra charge for a phone call.

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When a person leaves out of the city limits and there is an open CPS case what happens to that individual?

Nothing, unless there is an obligation not to leave.

Ely, Counselor at Law