Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I’m in MA and am renegotiating my child support agreement…

Customer Question
I’m in MA and...
I’m in MA and am renegotiating my child support agreement based on the new guidelines. I currently pay $600 per week in Alimony. My question is, when calculating the new amount of child support, should we add the Alimony I am giving her to her income before calculating?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/7/2018
Family Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Yes, you do. Alimony is specifically listed as a source of income that should be included on pages 4-5 of the Massachusetts child support guidelines.

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2017/09/01/2017-child-support-guidelines.pdf

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. 19. says "spousal support received from a person not a party to this order;". What does "not a party to this order" mean?

That means someone either than the two of you. I'm sorry, I misread the question. It would be counted if she were getting alimony from someone else.

Did you want to chat more about this?

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer