Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I want to apply for a marriage license my fiancee is a

I want to apply...

I want to apply for a marriage license my fiancee is a citizen of Spain what documents would she need to have when applying for the license

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Briefly only to find out if I could simply apply for a license

3/7/2018
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Pennsylvania doesn't require that your fiance be a resident, or even a legal visitor. Rather, in Pennsylvania marriage license applicants must produce the following identification:

• A CURRENT, VALID PHOTO I.D. in the form of either a;

• Driver’s License

• State I.D.

• International Driver’s License

• Passport

• Visa

• Military I.D.

• Resident Alien Card

• Consulate Card

• AND a Social Security card or any other form of I.D. issued by an official entity which reflects the applicant’s Social Security number (i.e. Social Security printout;

• Pay Stub

• W-2 form

• Income Tax Return

• Prescription Card

• Access Card

• If an applicant does NOT possess a Social Security number he/she must produce a Secondary I.D. in the form of a birth certificate (officially translated, if appropriate); or any other form of I.D. issued by an official entity, in addition to the above-noted current, valid photo I.D.

In other words, two forms of photo identification, or a passport and translated birth certificate.

Again, this is not an immigration matter, so she doesn't need to show anything from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, but rather enough documentation to show that she is who she says that she is.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Ok I was married from 1996 to 1999 my wife found a way to file for divorce online through another state we I signed the papers I didn't read what state she filed through and no longer have my copy of the divorce what can I do

I hate to say it but you're going to need to find the divorce records, or go to another state to get married (such as Nevada which doesn't have as stringent of requirements). But you're going to want to verify that you're actually divorced, because if you're not (if the "online divorce" was not actually a legitimate divorce) then you'd still be married, regardless of your belief to the contrary. But that situation doesn't affect the documents that your fiance would have to have when applying (which is what your question was).

Hello?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer