Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Have a home I moved out oneyear ago wife stayed.. do I still…

Goodmorning my name is...

Goodmorning my name is ***** ***** have a home I moved out oneyear ago wife stayed.. do I still get half of tye house

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I live in florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

3/7/2018
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Are you listed on the deed as a co-owner?

.

Was the house purchased during the marriage?

.

Are you divorcing currently?

.

.

thanks

bought the house together inn marriage thinking of a divicore at this time

Ok, then if you are on the deed you are a 50% owner and whether you live there or not, you are still entitled to half the house. You don't lose your ownership interest if you leave the property and move elsewhere..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Lawyer