Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was served with papers for divorce aftr my husband lrft…

I was served with...

I was served with papers for divorce aftr my husband lrft and was mia for nine mos when he came back..there is so much to the divorc,physical abuse,mental,va benefits,support,penion,i have no more time left to find a pro bono att.and want to fight,but im diabled partiallly because of a stroke he caused,,,hes paid no suppoty nothing and knew id have no money to fight

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Hes been in nj now for 10 mos im still in pa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes he senr to mt and my times up ive been trying to find an attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I neeed helppppp

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He left May3rd 2017,and was missing in action for 9 mos,no call,noone supposedly knew where he was,nine mos he finally calledbut filed these papaer from nj where he said hes living,he wants me to waive any alimony ,,,he has pd me not a dime.he makes5000,00 a month i make 750.00 a month the house is in my name with taxes behind now..everythings falling behind...he gets va disability,which a percentage of it is mine,,he never gave me any,and never reported he lft to them the va, so hes collected my portion the whole time toohe also has a pension..he caused me to have a massive stroke nine yrs ago and was incarcerated for 4 yrs, came out anf never stopped putting his hands on me.the house we paid for was 28000.00 he left me all the bills except the jeep which he toohe physical and mental abuse has been awful. i have beentryin to find an attorney,,i need help desperately,i cant let him take me down like this i wanna fightfor whats mine and what ive worked my whole life for,,2 yrs ago i saw no other way to get away from him but suicideand almost succeeded,but today im ready to fight and have to because ther is no turning back now...i refuse to ever go back near him again. Thanks so much
Patricia Shiffler Inacio
(###) ###-####i took pics wher can i send them?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS??? i have to get them from the hospital when i had the stroke?
3/7/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If there was physical abuse, legal aid will represent you as would the local battered women's center who has local attorneys to assist women in your position. Since you are disabled as well as a victim of domestic violence the NJ Legal Aid office will almost always provide representation and if not they will assist and get you an attorney through the state bar.

Unfortunately, I must sincerely ***** ***** none of the attorneys on this site can represent you, it is forbidden by state laws.

I do not know where you have been trying to find an attorney, but we know and are told over and over again by the NJ Bar that legal aid and the NJ Bar will provide attorneys for victims of physical abuse and disabled persons in a divorce, so you need to go to both of those places for assistance to fight this matter, because you are in no position being in PA right now and recovering from your stroke to try to engage in legal action by doing your legal research and submitting legal pleadings in this matter.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Your saying i cant have a Pa.Attorney. ,i asked to have it moved up here and just recieved the papers Friday to file and have it moved up here.,

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry, but if he filed in NJ then you have to use an attorney in NJ and it has to be in the court where he filed it. You cannot get it moved to PA I am afraid. There are some PA attorneys who are also licensed in NJ and if you can find one near you, then you can use them, but you do not have a lot of time to file an answer to the divorce petition and file your own counter claim for divorce and ask for what you want out of the divorce.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer