Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been the non-biological father of a child since the…

Customer Question
I have been the...

I have been the non-biological father of a child since the mother was 5 months pregnant. The father is in prison for assaulting the mother and is a convicted child molester. The mother is a detriment to the child and has pending credit card fraud charges. How can I assume custody of the child?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Against the mother? Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have witnessed or recieved information on multiple issues regarding the physical and mental safety of the child including alcoholism, possible drug use, and multiple men staying overnight of which have not been characters established enough in either of the mother or child’s life to be considered safe.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/7/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about this awful situation.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

You can file "Petition in Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship (SAPCR) by non-parent. Click here for forms and instructions.

Goodluck with your Petition,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.