Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How does on go about proving parental alienation and the…

Customer Question
How does on go...

How does on go about proving parental alienation and the mental effects it has on a child?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have been in and out of probate court for several years now. I have been representing myself in probate court. The father lost his custody to DCF due to domestic violence to his wife. I'm now going to file a complaint for modification for full custody. And I'm trying to figure out a way to prove that over the course of all these years I've been alienated by the father to the point where the minor child does not want to speak or see me even with a court order visitation

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I signed a judgement stating I will not inquire about my son in his school and canceled my visitation because the courts were telling me they can not force him to visit or get mental health help. This probate battle began when he was 5yrs old and he is now 16yrs old

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/7/2018
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Essentially, just like with any court action you'd need evidence - actual evidence from your lives - that points to the fact that dad is responsible for your lack of relationship with the child.

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

Ely, Counselor at Law