Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am trying to find out if i need a lawyer to terminate a…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find out if i need a lawyer to terminate a guardianship. My mother has legal guardianship of my 15 year old daughter who has now lived with me or the last two years. My mother is not fighting it, we all agree that this is best.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No one has filed anything yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/6/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
a lawyer is needed to manage the petition to the court.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
why do i need to build a case if neither party if fighting it ?
Court may still ask for Basis even if there is consent!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!