Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I'm on the application part where you enter the child

Hi my name is*****'m...

Hi my name is*****'m on the application part where you enter the child support amount. Me and my ex have an agreed amount that we would like to stay with but it will not let me enter that amount and move on to the next page. He's an Idaho resident and I'm an Oregon resident and I'm not sure how to look up the law on what needs to be paid. So I'm not sure what to do any suggestions would be helpful thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm in Oregon he's in Idaho

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I haven't

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that will be all thank you

3/7/2018
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

What you can do is enter the current figures this formula tool requests, then ask to deviate from the child support amount. You can do that by filing a motion in your current proceeding. Often judges will agree to the amount the couple agrees to.

If the Judge declines to do that, you can ask for payment to be privately between the two of you, instead of through the Child Support Enforcement Agency. That way, your ex can pay you the agreed upon amount. As long as neither of you go back to court, this should work.

Does that make sense?

Sue

Thank You

You're welcome.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you beleive I've done that, your 5 star rating at this time will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Sue

Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney