Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My dau in law broke her leg during a family reunion vacation…

Customer Question
My dau in law...

My dau in law broke her leg during a family reunion vacation in Hawaii, all of which I paid for, at great expense. The parents asked me to childsit tues in Mar as well as my usual all day fri which I’ve beer doing for about 3yrs. They cx’d All visits after my last fir visit bec I had a long overdue confrontation with my dau in law about her emotional abusive tactics with my 6 y/I grandson. Prior to the past 3 yrs, I visited 2x or more per month & stayed over bec I loved & worked farther away. I spoke with my dau 2x 5 yrs ago about my concerns about significant emotional abuse in the marriage. My tactic has been to swallow abuse from dau-in -law, make sure my dau was not isolated,& hope the experiences of life would affect her enough to demand major behavioral. But when same emotional abuse occurred with older grandson, my tactics have changed. My dau is a pediatrician & knows better. I work as child & adult psychiatrist & at jail in Bellingham. Both the 2 y/o & 6 y/o are very close to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The family is in Vancouver BC,I’m in Bellingham Wa.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. My dau made pc Sat. I want to move quickly bec I have spent all day with them, 7:30 am to 7pm every Friday. They asked me to help them out on tues bec they have neede much extra help with dau-inlaw’s severe ankle fracture. She can’t weight till mar28.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Please connect me.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what can I answer for you?