Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need a question answered is that a law that can keep a…

I need a question...

I need a question answered is that a law that can keep a child away from a spouce away from the spouces romatic partner

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Mo mi Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my soon to be ex husband has my a romantic partner around in his life that i have concerns with as far as drugs an having seizures can i keep my daughter away from this person an is there a law that can be enforced
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/5/2018
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello my name is ***** ***** there a law that corresponds to the question i asked

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. In situations like this, a parent can ask the Judge to order that the partner be kept away and not around when the parent has custody of the child. It is not uncommon for this to be requested so that the child is not confused about what is going on and subject to this. Moreover, the Judge will act in the best interest of the child, so if there is evidence of drug use or other issues, it can be imposed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i was told is there a law to enforce this or that i can enforce in Michigan

It would first need to be ordered by the Judge. If the parent has custody or visitation and is bringing this person around, you can ask the Judge to order that they not be allowed to.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok so there is no state law an what is the likely hood a judge would order this

I think a Judge would order this if there is drug use and other issues that are present when the child is with them, along with the fact that this can be confusing for a child and as a result of the divorce still pending. The goal is always to argue that it is not in the best interest of the child to be exposed to this, at this time and that this partner is not to be around when they have the child.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is that a law on the books for this or just the judgement of the judge
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
an is the likely hood high of this order being placed even without proof of drugs an just the vaild concerns of a mother

I think there are valid concerns from the mother if the divorce is not yet final and the husband is having someone else around and it can be confusing and uncomfortable for the child. This situation happens a lot, even after divorce, where it is ordered that there be no overnight guests or third parties around, when the parent has the child.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you that helps a lot thank you for you time

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer