Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Do you know about child support overpayment in IL? I am now…

Do you know about...

Do you know about child support overpayment in IL?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am now residing in CA. Child support order is from IN, ex is already in IL.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Daughter is now 20. she filed with IL agency

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have an order that it is already terminated but our taxes have always been taken both federal and state. my wife right now is not happy.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is the child support order in IN indeed closed based on the decision I got from the mail since both of us are not living in IN anymore?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Federal and state income taxes have been taken from us since 2012 I believe.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want these CS orders from IL stopped, recalculate all that I have paid including salary garnishments, payments made, federal and state garnishments as well then request for refund for overpayments.
Answered in 2 days by:
3/8/2018
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I see that you requested a call, I'm available and would be happy to discusss this over the phone with you. I'll send you the link so we can continue.

Nisha Jones

The site should have sent you a number to contact me. Let me know if you haven't received it, thanks!

Here is the number to the Illinois State Bar where you can request a referral to a family law attorney:

***-***-****(###) ###-####/strong>

If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to you, take care!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Nisha! You have a great day!

You're welcome, you too!

Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones