Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Noncustodial parent requests visit. It is confirmed. Seconds…

Noncustodial parent requests visit. It...
Noncustodial parent requests visit. It is confirmed. Seconds later they are informed of a required event for the child's extracurricular activities and asked if they would accompany the child. An offer was also made for the custodial parent to take part in the activity (should take 1-1.5 hrs) In exchange for the time being added as a later return. 3 weeks later, the non custodial parent is now stating that they now have an activity planned for that day. The activity would shave 1 hr off the start of their usual visit in return for it being added at the end. Note: custodial parent currently does EVERY thing pertaining to the child. Non custodial never wants to. They are stating they will be at the usual exchange location (not the event location) and available for a short time before they leave. How should I, the custodial parent proceed. Note that this is the final required event toward earning advancement
3/1/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Custodial should inform non custodial that the time does not work due to school related event and provide a couple of alternate dates for non custodial to choose from. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Non custodial parent is using the fact that the visit was "confirmed" seconds before they were informed of the activity
Thoughts?
That position is weak since simply a matter of custodial parent not recognizing another event which cannot be moved.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get credit by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer