Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need to find out if there is anyway to move my child away…

I need to find...

I need to find out if there is anyway to move my child away after a hearing instead of doing the mandatory 30 day stay

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have a hearing on March 5th and very likely my move away will be granted as well as my rfo

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The other party (father) is out of state

2/22/2018
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Unfortunately there is not.

California case law has upheld that the 30 day requirement is in place to help safeguard custody arrangements between parents who share custody, and that there is a strong public policy interest in upholding that requirement in an effort to protect the best interest of the child.

This unfortunately means that a departure from the 30 day requirement would be prohibited.

I'm sorry to not have better news for you but I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Thank you, ***** ***** this was the case. I have since moved everyone and everything to our new home so will have to leave my son behind with our past nanny it seems. My job and other children are staying with family in our new residence awaiting this outcome. Very unfortunate as we have lived out of a hotel for months of waiting and past continuances. I was hoping for some kind of exception, but this answers the question. Thank you.

You're welcome, no problem! I wish you the best of luck with your case, hopefully it will be resolved favorably soon!

If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. I'd be happy to help.

Don't forget to rate so I can receive credit for my time and help with your questions, thanks!

Best of luck to you, take care!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones