Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was involved with my fiancé for 15 years we have 2

I was involved with...

I was involved with my fiancé for 15 years we have 2 children I own a property we were going to build Into an investment property for income and what happened was we got a mortgage however I put my fiancé on title with me it was my house owned out right I put her on title with me so that we could get a mortgage at a better rate at a good rate because the credit was better with two of us and she we had a verbal agreement and she broke the verbal contract that we had and she stole the mortgage and she ran away with it never came back when I found out she was cheating and lied and was pretending to be in love and pretending to want to be A family just so she could steal the mortgage and keep the money for self and go start a new life with someone else and she also took my children to live with me their entire lives what do I do what can I do she’s been threatening me with the TRO saying I’ll never be able to see my kids again or I’ll have visitation with with the supervisors the supervision I supervised visits and if I make a noise about the mortgage that’s what she’s gonna do and I threatened or is it too that I don’t care I wanna take you to court if you don’t give me the money back for the mortgage because you don’t you can just take my mortgage from my house and bury me in debt and she said and then she then she sent the Samitha TRO and send the cops and she lied about everything that euro and she sent the police over here to serve me with her

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Well TROs been filed I got served with her today but it’s all lies on it too because she’s been threatening me with it but my children love me to death and she doesn’t even care about them is that she gave up caring about her family and her kids and she was cheating on me and you know it’s it’s so hard because her family was helping her in yet I don’t even know where to even start Well TROs been filed I got served with her today but it’s all lies on it too because she’s been threatening me with it but my children love me to death and she doesn’t even care about them is that she gave up caring about her family and her kids and she was cheating on me and you know it’s it’s so hard because her family was helping her in yet I don’t even know where to even start

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well we had to we had to fill out the mortgage papers and when we did it’s you know we have to be in the same address for 60 days and or that’s mortgage fraud in though and she never came very soon as we got the check she just ran away with it and she took my kids cause I found out she was cheating Well we had to we had to fill out the mortgage papers and when we did it’s you know we have to be in the same address for 60 days and or that’s mortgage fraud in though and she never came very soon as we got the check she just ran away with it and she took my kids cause I found out she was cheating

2/20/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I have read everything you have typed, but we need to know what your specific question is for us about this situation?

Well is there a crime for cheating on me and pretending to want to be a family so she could steal my mortgage from my house and break our verbal contracts and take my kids from me

Thank you for your reply.

I wish that I could tell you there is, but I am afraid it is not a crime to cheat on you. However, if you can prove that she engaged in fraud to take the mortgage money from you, you can seek to get the court to force her to return the money to you in the divorce. Here is the big issue, you would need to argue her fraud (the cheating can be proof of it) that led you to put her name on your house to begin with and get the court to remove her from the title.

You are also going to need to present facts to the court to show the claims made against you for the TRO are false and if you do, then you can also get the court to order her to pay your attorney's fees as well.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Well she saying I’m threatening her and my children but she made the fro on the 13th and told the that I’m unfit as a parent and the I abuse my children but the cops came and served me and I had my children with me and they were fine actually they were upset and didn’t want to go back because it’s quite the opposite they are being neglected and abused at her mothers house

Thank you for your reply.

People make all sorts of allegations in their TRO complaints, but you have a right to force her to present evidence to the court supporting them and you too can present your own evidence that her complaints are false in your defense and when you do you can ask the court to order her to pay your attorney's fees as well.

They have never been injured in my care but since November they have been in her care and received broken foot on my 6️⃣yr old and a bloody nose from abusive stepsister and my 8 yr old had not agreed with his mom so she hit him in the mouth and made him bleed
if she saying I have a fire arm on the ground and that is completely false I don’t own a gun and she putting it down so that she gets the fro is that perjury

Thank you for your reply.

That would be your evidence to present to the court in your defense. I mean it sounds like you have the evidence, so now you need your lawyer to file an objection to the TRO. You have a right to file the objection, you do not just have to take the TRO. So, now go to court and pursue your defense and then ask the court to sanction her for her lies.

if it’s because she stole my mortgage on my house she did not own and was only put on title to help get a loan for our sons future and ours but she instead took the money and said it could be worse and said if I push mortgage issue she will make sure I have supervised visits with my children and I am a great father
Thx so I gotta file an objection to the troi appreaciate that I was served today and I had my sons in my custody when the cops came to serve me and it says I am to have 0 contact with them because I’m a danger to them but when the cop asked why she gave them to me after she filed the trot she said I didn’t think u guys would serve him on a holiday

thank you for your reply.

You put her on the title, so you gifted her her share of the house. She is now an owner of the house because you have it to her. You have to prove she caused you to give her ownership in the house by fraud to get that gift to her deemed void by the court.

I think you need to file an objection to the TRO and you need an attorney to fight her if she is playing this scam on you to get your house and mortgage money from the house.

Ok thank you well the reason she was put on is I told her mother $20,000 so I couldn’t get the loan by myself because my credit is not good enough but I own my house I would write prior so we put her on I got trusted her we were together 15 years I never saw this coming but it’s just only bitch ever trusted Anna and I actually love her and I was in pretending it will happen is she was put on to get a loan for mother but she ended up taking everything and saw that she never stayed in the same house in as the mortgage as a mortgage papers stated she has to be here for 60 days and she wasn’t she never came back as soon as we get the check she just took it and ran and then she then she was threatened me with your role and please and I can’t see my kids unless I shut up about the mortgage
Again I appreciate your help very much thank you

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, she was playing you and now as painful as it is going to be, you need to take the evidence of her false statements that induced you to give her the share of ownership in the house and present the evidence in court against her and show her to the court as the liar she is and you should not shut up, because if you have the evidence in your defense you will beat her.

Do you have further questions?