Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have been a parent to 2 girls for going on 3 years. Bio…

Customer Question
I have been a...

I have been a foster parent to 2 girls for going on 3 years. Bio mo, we believe will be TPR tomorrow. There is a dispo and a V docket as a last ditch effort that the kids don’t stay here. The relative is an uncle(bio moms brother). The thing is I have siblings to these two girls. Would the judge really change a home the children have lived in with their sisters, to go with a uncle that’s never even met the kids and they are 4 and 8?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NYS

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

There will be a disposition and uncle filed V Docket

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

TPR is a no brainer

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Family Law
2/6/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 18 days ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you

with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks for your patience on this. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

It is critical to understand that the courts are bound to look at what is in the best interests of the child above all else. This means they will look into who and how the child’s health, education, welfare, and safety are best going to be served. Sometimes, this can be inconvenient for one parent, but because the kids cannot protect themselves, the court takes it upon itself to protect them. The bright side is that if you understand this in advance, then you will have an edge when you are dealing with the other side because you’ll be seeing this process through the court’s eyes.

This means that it is not likely that they will take the kids out of the home and give them to someone who has never met them. Particularly if they are in school, have friends, and have otherwise engaged in their current community.

What other questions did you have for me today?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer