Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was at a temporary property hearing on 5/10/2017. There…

Customer Question
I was at a temporary...
I was at a temporary property hearing on 5/10/2017. There was no court reporter. I had fired my lawyer about 10 days before for presenting a false settlement offer. The house is my separate property, as of December 12 Carolyn had not responded to the court and had no lawyer. She told me recently that she did not reread the prenup. On Dec 12 2016 she made threats of violence if she did not get the property she wanted. I called the police who did not listen to the recording nor did they read the transcript. Nevertheless they declared there was nothing to it. My lawyer at the time, Daniel Webb knew, and did nothing. Carolyn "visited" other times and seemed to think she could come and go when she pleased, prenup or not. On 1/20/2017 I locked her out. my lawyer said she had to be out for the the Divorce to be final 2/1/2016. Someone called the police. A man in a blue uniform with a gun showed up. I saw no badge, no ID, he did not introduce himself, did not claim to be an officer, and if he had an order or warrant he did not show them. I had taped select pages of the prenup to the window. In short his agenda was to have me out or him in, so Carolyn could take what she wanted. I did not open the door and when he saw me fumble with my recorder switch he left. Carolyn planned a burglary on 1/25/2018 but could not get in because I had changed the code. There was no court reporter and my #1 issue was my safety. I almost did not swear in, the judge insisted that I swear in. My questions and Carolyn's responses are no where in the record.I did not tell the whole truth, because time stopped. This comment is in the record. When the clerk saw it she gasped. What is this about?On 12/6/2018 without my knowledge, my lawyer applied for a pre-trial sheduling order. I was sent no copy. on 7/27/27 I had told him in writing that Brimmer signed all. Brimmer was never told of the correct date, 1/5/2018. There were dozens and dozens of emails that went between my lawyer, Carolyn's lawyer, and the mediation lawyer, and many refereed to the mediation which Brimmer knew nothing of. These were forwarded to Carolyn but not Brimmer. WHY? Carolyn forwarded them to me.Someone told me that, if I had not been there, the divorce documents must have MY SIGNATURE so nothing would happen. This does not make sense. What stops my lawyer from signing. Why go to so much trouble to exclude me and the result is nothing. Something is missing?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
2/6/2018
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I'm not clear on who signed all and was not told of the correct date?

Ok thanks

I'm sorry- I don't think you noticed my second post. Can you clarify who signed all, and was not told of the correct date? Was that the judge, or an attorney?