Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Does future inheritance count in a settlement. Colorado. No…

Customer Question
Does future inheritance count...

Does future inheritance count in a settlement

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No he's hiding things

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Family Law
2/6/2018
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 19 days ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

A settlement of what? How is the inheritance connected to the claim, if at all?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
does future expected inheritance factor into a settlement
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Thank you, ***** ***** paid my $5.00 for your answer. I do not want to pay more.
Could you provide some context to the question? A settlement of what?

Please be aware that I, and the other Experts on the site, are site users like you (I am not an employee of JA), and I do not (and can not) see any account info or address payment issues, but Customer Service will be happy to assist you.

If you are having trouble, you can reach Customer Service assistance at this link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

where you can chat, call, or send a support request. You can also email directly to *****@******.***

Thanks.

I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active, or rate this question yet as it would then discourage others from answering. Should a professional pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying a response from someone else.

My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck.

Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 19 days ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Ray here a new expert.

Future inheritance here does not affect a settlement.You may or may not get it, you might not live long enough to get it or the person could change mind, or circumstances change here.It has no bearing on settlement.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.Have a great day.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer