Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son is in a relationship/ ex girlfriend and she says she…

My son is in...

My son is in a relationship/ ex girlfriend and she says she can live with him and still get child support because she is on the county for badger care and food share. She also lied to get food share by saying she was living by herself with 3 children and she's not

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No because my son can't afford a lawyer she has drained him so bad financially and leaves for 7-10 days at a time to go by her new boyfriend and now my son suspects that she could be pregnant. The 2 youngest in the house are his

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can she get it for fraud with the county. Her oldest son does not live with her full time

1/23/2018
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear your son was placed in this situation.

Badger care is income based;

here are those limits:

In order to qualify, you must have an annual household income (before taxes) that is below the following amounts:

Household Size*Maximum Income Level (Per Year)

1$35,640

2$48,060

3$60,480

4$72,900

5$85,320

6$97,740

7$110,190

8$122,670

So everyone in the household is counted for income purposes- so if a party's income is not disclosed the applicant can be prosecuted for fraud.

Additionally whenever a government (state/fed) subsidizes a minor child, the state can seek reimbursement from the parent-either the mother or the father

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars *****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Her oldest son she does not have full time either

Basically any misinformation that is provided to the agency with the intent to defraud can result in criminal prosecution and a civil judgment to repay the agency the funds that were a result of the fraud.

She lives for 7-10 days at a time to go up by her boyfriend and has left my son with the 2 littles one with no running vehicle or car seats
Live/leave sorry about the mis type

That is separate than the government assistance programs.

That would be a child custody/visitation issue and possibly, if there is neglect, a child protective services issue.

LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
When can I cancel my free membership?
She is not working either. My son only makes 1500.00 a month
Where do I go to rate you