Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Am I legally responsible for child-support of children that…

Am I legally responsible...

Am I legally responsible for child-support of children that were conceived when I had sex with a prostitute. Condoms were not being used.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Actually, it's British Columbia. I thought this was a Canadian site.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

1/22/2018
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

This is actually an international site.

The short answer is yes, you will be responsible for child-support of children conceived when you had sex with a prostitute. However, if she brings a paternity/parentage suite against you, it is also your right to demand a DNA test, as there may have been others with whom she had unprotected sex.

Sue

Is there anything else I can do to assist you?

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. I hope I have provided you the information you were seeking. If you’re satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help or have any further questions, please do let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Sue

Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney