Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I currently pay full child support and have 50/50 custody.

My ex does not work...
I currently pay full child support and have 50/50 custody. My ex does not work and claims she has a bad leg. I see her walking fine.If I go back to school and start working after hours and weekends, would I be able to protect my extra income from my ex’s child support?Would she be entitled to a cut?Can an agreement protect it?Trying to decided if I should file the divorce papers and request this from the court? Would I get it?
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/21/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Ex not entitled to funds and new income not included in current agreement. Also if ex is lying you may alert the court and seek modification and to hold ex in contempt which could result in reduced payments.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Forgot to say this is for Canada. Does this apply?
same rights and remedies in this situation.
Good luck. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy new year!
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer