Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

It is about child support in Kentucky. Kentucky. If an order…

Customer Question
It is about child...

It is about child support in Kentucky.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kentucky.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If an order is established, can it increase in the summer for daycare. Also told that we can keep the kids in the summer and not have an increase but if we have them 8 hours a day, does that not qualify for a decrease? Also can we request for receipts since the ex wife is not truthful if an increase is specifically for daycare in the summer?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/19/2018
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Support orders are always subject to modification depending on a change of circumstances. So yes, you can have an order that fluctuates in the amount due based on other factors changing..

.

But if the original order doesn't provide for a fluctuating amount, then you will have to file a formal motion to modify the support order and get it before the original judge for them to issue an order to modify it based on the changed circumstances.

.

As for proof, yes, the judge can also order that the other parent has to supply receipts/invoices for any claimed costs so that you don't have to simply take their word for it.

.

.

thanks