Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can you recommend family law attorney in Ruidoso, NM? Thanks…

Can you recommend...

Can you recommend family law attorney in Ruidoso, NM? Thanks Charles Preston

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

MY niece has been using one but the service is unsatisfactory. Once we complete the current court action we are looking for someone better.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Ruidoso, NM

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ex husband adopted 15.5 year old girl during marriage, However he has not requested visitation or acknowledged her existence since fall of 2014. My niece is worried now that he will demand visitation as retribution of court decision against him and looking for ways to help her. Ex husband has a history of poor behavior around this girl, unfortunately not documented with authorities yet. PLEASE do not refer this to Mark A Reeves in Alamogordo or Las Cruces NM if he is in your system. .

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I can recommend a pair of directories, used often by lawyers too, would you like that information?

Directory with some objective ratings would be helpful.

They let you search highly rated lawyers by location, experience, practice areas etc.

martindale.com and avvo.com are used by lawyers to much success. findlaw.com is also very good.

Please let me know if my reply is fast and acceptable.

that is very acceptable. Ruidoso/Alto, NM is a small community of around 20,000. We are not familiar with attorneys here and have not had good luck with our first choice from the phone book. Trying not to repeat that mistake.Thank you for your assistance.
Charles Preston

Very welcome. Good luck. Kindly rate me 5 stars on your page.

Searched all three directories referenced. Nearest family law attorneys in any network is either 100 miles from here and 60 from the court or 70 miles from here and 120 from the district court. Thanks anyway.

that is not so far, and they may also recommend someone more local. craigslist legal services is another option but has less vetting.

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer