Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If I contact someone who is not listed on a PPO and not

If I contact someone who...
If I contact someone who is not listed on a PPO and Ian not related or lives with the person who filed it is that a violation?
1/17/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

There was a personal protection order served by an individual in another state - it listed only him if I contact his girlfriend who does not reside with him and is not listed is that a violation?
Are you able to answer what I asked?

Thank you for the information:

Response: No, it is not a violation. However, you cannot send a message to the person through his girlfriend.

Yes, I am able to answer. I was attending to another customer in front of you.

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

No the message isn’t for him it’s for her to send her proof of cheating which is why he issues the PPO he did not want me to tell her isnthat the same if I contact her mother to tell her the same?

Thank you for the information.

Yes, it is the same for her mother. There would be no violation.

If she posted her cell phone number on fb in a public post is this considered stalking or can it Ben used against me?

I am sorry, but I do not understand your question and who you are referring to.

Kindly clarify.

IFthe morher posted her cell phone number on Facebook (she lost a cat posted publicly with her cell phone number) and that is how I have it would that be held against me? See the person who issued this PPO did so because I threatened to tell his girlfriend of his cheating if he did not speak to me. He told me to leave him alone several
Times which is why this was issued but I want to expose him I also will fight the PPO because a lot of what is listed is a lie. I did not threaten physical harm I did not enter his home without permission I did mail or send things which he accepted he claims he did not. Etc

Thank you for the information.

It will not be considered stalking or harassment if you contact his mother once and his mother tells you not to contact her again and you complied. Same thing with the girlfriend. If you contact them and they tell you not to contact them again, you need to respect their wishes. Otherwise, they can file complaint against you for harassment.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is now requested so that I can receive credit for responding to your posts. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

It’s her mother but I assume that makes no difference? Yes I would not contact them after that I just want to send proof some of which is sexulnin nature so I want to make sure I would not suffer reprocations from that it is in a personal text message not posted anywhere which is part of the order I can not post anything anywhere

In order for me to continue to answer your questions, you need to first give a positive rating to my posts. Otherwise, I will opt out.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
DONE

It makes a difference because you are trying to get to him through his mother and his girlfriend. So, if you do contact the mother and the girlfriend and they tell you not to contact them again, you must respect their wishes. Otherwise they would file complaint against you.

I understand that if they say leave them alone I will and have no reason to contact them After that. I am not trying to contact him through the girlfriend or her mother just want to send them proof of his cheating and it’s graphic in nature. But has dates and video etc so that is my only question - that intial contact wouldn’t be a violation or reason to file a complaint if they did not respond to leave them alone correct? I would not contact after that I just want this to be out in the open and I will fight the PPO with a lawyer.

so that is my only question - that intial contact wouldn’t be a violation or reason to file a complaint if they did not respond to leave them alone correct?

Response 1: Yes, that is correct because they are not part of the PPO. PPO did not order you not to contact his friends or family members. The PPO is for him only.

I would not contact after that I just want this to be out in the open and I will fight the PPO with a lawyer.

Response 2: Excellent!

Goodluck with your case,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law