Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question with regard to custody. My daughter 20…

Customer Question
Good morning I have...

Good morning I have a question with regard to custody. My daughter 20 years old recently found out she is pregnant and we live in Nevada. The father 21 years old lives in the Boston area with his family and both have flown to see each other. The father was willing to step up and move here to Nevada until his parents said that was never going to happen and they would not allow him to move. They (parents) have been nasty and threatened attorneys and DNA testing which my daughter is fine with DNA but is worried that when it is proven the baby is his they will sue for sole custody and take the baby to Boston. My daughter and I are not versed in Nevada law nor Boston law and need to know if the father has any legal standing since he abandoned her during the pregnancy and refuses to go against his family. Please help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My daughter and I live in Henderson Nevada... Clark County He lives in Wakefield Mass

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No they just found out they were pregnant but the threats are flying from their side and my daughter is beside hereself

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No honey just what my daughter's rights are and how this could potentially play out. Do the fathers parents as grandparents have any rights to the child as well.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/9/2018
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Thank you
never mind I thought it was a 5.00 fee and now you want more money we don't have
Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's situation. Give me a few minutes to type up some information for you, thanks!

Family Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago

Billing is handled through customer support, so you would need to speak with someone there in regards ***** ***** fee.

I do know that $5 is just the deposit, not the cost of the question.

Here's a link to customer support:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

I'd be more than happy to answer all of your questions today, just let me know if you decide you would like to proceed. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law