Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What do you do if your husband has not kept an insurance…

Customer Question
What do you do...

What do you do if your husband has not kept an insurance policy on you and your children if it was in your divorce settlement?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My divorse settlement said that he was to have an insurance policy on me and my children for 10 years after alimony payments stopped. Because I was in bankruptcy from him my divorse was not granted until 2008. So I got alimony for 1 more year. However he purchased a ten year policy that was based on the divorse being granted in 2007 and said that that's what it's going to be.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/8/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Is he alive?

no

He can correct this now. If he refuses, you can file a motion to compel in court to get him to get the policy.

do I need to hire a lawyer to file a motion

You can do it yourself at clerks office, or to expedite, hire a lawyer, and have the court order handy which would be shown to the court to show the order was violated.

Good luck, kindly confirm the reply is acceptable by replying "yes"

Ely, Counselor at Law