Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife wants nothing and is with another man. its been a yr…

Customer Question
My wife wants nothing...

My wife wants nothing and is with another man. its been a yr with no communication except "i want divorce" i know where she is for next 2 days. must i list all 401k and checking. she quit her job and split

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Calif

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No cant offord one.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Struggling cause she paid smud and car ins

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/8/2018
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am terribly sorry to hear this;

so your question is how to start the divorce process correct?

she doesnt want anything. i have credit card debt and home any signed when i refinanced in 2013 that she wanted nothing to do with house so not on deed. her mother got family pictures and thats all she wanted. tried giving her van but new boyfriend wont have it

It would still require filing a divorce and obtaining a divorce decree in order to receive title to the property. Are you interested in how to file a petition for divorce so the court will have jurisdiction over the property? Is she willing to sign a marital settlement agreement refusing the property?

if i can get it in order soon

This explains the process and has links to required forms:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1230.htm

Sample marital settlement agreement here:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/partners/documents/marital_settlement_agreement.doc