Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I want to qualify for an uncontested divorce my wife opened…

Customer Question
I want to qualify for...
I want to qualify for an uncontested divorce
my wife opened credit cards in my name and all utilities car payment,
Should I bring this up during thru divorce? or after?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/8/2018
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 6 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, I’m here to help you today. I'm a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I'll review your question and be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

It will be very important for you to bring up your wife opening credit cards in your name, and identifying whose name is ***** ***** utility and car loan documents. While you each share an equal responsibility to pay marital debts, the companies will come after whoever's name is ***** ***** account.

Does that make sense?

Have you started working on the financial documents for uncontested divorce? They're a pretty good organizing tool for setting out what are the assets & debts and income & expenses of the marriage, and will help structure your analysis.

Sue

Is there anything else I can help you with?

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. I hope I have provided you the information you were seeking. If you’re satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help or have any further questions, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Sue