Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am 17 i want to live on my own nd leave my grandparents…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** i am 17 i want to live on my own nd leave my grandparents house with my girl and her 2 kids she is 17 how can i do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

For?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/8/2018
Family Lawyer: Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Gerald-Esquire

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
give me a call at(###) ###-#### i ca explain better

I am working on your answer now. But if you preferer a call I can arrange that.

I have submitted an OPTIONAL offer to you for a premium service phone call so that we can discuss your concerns more easily. It is purely optional and I do not want you to spend extra money if it is not necessary. We can continue to post at no additional charge.

In the meantime I will prepare a written response to you with the materials that you need. It will take a few minutes for me to write. Please bear with me.

The legal term for a minor becoming an adult is called "Emancipation."

It happens automatically at the age of 18. BUT it can occur earlier. There are two ways for this to happen:

1) Marriage. Typically you need the consent of your guardian to marry before the age of 18.

2) Petition the Court for Emancipation. At the age of 17 it is often granted. To do so there are documents that you must complete.

This link describes the process in detail:

http://www.vclawlib.org/new/research-feb-09/EMANCIPATION20IN20FLORIDA[1].pdf

You can do this yourself, but you can get free help from Legal Aid. See:

http://www.legalaidocba.org/documents/Emancipation.pdf

Here is a link to the Florida Law that discusses this:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0743/0743.html

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer