Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I was given primary caretaker status over my son and his…

Customer Question
I was given primary...

I was given primary caretaker status over my son and his mother has been granted unsupervised access because she has an open cps case.... yesterday I left the house with my son because she is very violent towards me. She says she can accuse me of kidnapping.. is this true? Also she says she has a picture of me and a friend sitting next to drugs...

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

She always threatens me with calling the cops so it’s hard for me to step out and go file

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That’s all for now

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. in NY, parental kidnapping occurs when a parent relocates their child to another state without the consent of the other parent. The Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act has remedies that help enforce custody orders by the court, by first enforcing the state's custody order and allows for authorities to be contacted. If you just left the house, but didn't leave the state, then this is not going to be an actionable case on her part.

What other questions did you have for me regarding this?

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further before you rated. If you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer