Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

A family court commissioner issued an order stating for me…

Customer Question
A family court commissioner...

A family court commissioner issued an order stating for me to "modify or rescind the no contact order (against my ex who assaulted me) at which time my children shall be returned. I did so, provided proof to court and children were NOT returned. Afterwards my ex physically assaulted me again causing a significant injury and resulted in my leaving the state for my safety. The commissioner had no right to violate my safety this way using my kids return as bargaining chip and then not honoring it. What is my recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

WA, spokane county

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not afterward. I'm wondering where to start

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have scanned copies of the court orders i mentioned but need to request medical records of resulting injuries

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/7/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about this egregious conduct.

You need to file complaint against the Commissioner with Commission on Judicial Conduct. Click here to file your complaint:

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.