Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex wife lied on my son's college application for grants…

Customer Question
My ex wife lied on...
My ex wife lied on my son's college application for grants and scholarships claiming we were low income and not putting a 200k education account or the 10k a month she receives in child support. Is is disgusting she would take away a grant from another student who is more deserving and needs that money. She also took out portions of another education fund to "support our children". She used the monies to find a retirement account for herself and go on a 3 week trip to Europe. What can I do?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/6/2018
Family Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Do you have joint custody of your son?

When you approach your wife of the misrepresentation on the college application, what does she say? Is she willing to revise it? Is the child already in that school?

We are not on speaking terms. He is in still and has gotten half of the funds.

Thanks for the additional information. There are various options you can choose. They may not ring best for you, but they are options.

(1) You write your wife a letter telling her to correct the application, and if she does not, you will inform the university or take her to court.

(2) You can make a motion in the court addressing the issue wherein you claim that your wife should no longer have custody or should not be making decisions about college activity. Or,

(3) You can inform the university without going to court.

I know none of these sounds so great but your wife put you in an awkward situation.

We can continue our discussion. If you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you if you are satisfied with the service I am providing. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Have I answered all your questions?

If so, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. If I have not answered all your questions, just let me know what more you need. Best regards.