Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How do I file an emergency hearing to change child exchange…

Customer Question
How do I file...

How do I file an emergency hearing to change child exchange place?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Not yet. I am just coming off a protective order and the exchange location is very hostile.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am primary custodial parent

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/6/2018
Family Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your family law question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your need to modify the current custody agreement.

If the court order or parenting agreement already included the exchange place you need to file a petition with the same court to modify the current order or parenting agreement.

If this is an emergency you can request an exparte emergency hearing to grant the relief you need in relation to the exchange place.

The process is explained here further:

"https://www.iowalegalaid.org/resource/how-to-modify-a-custody-order"

We are are here to help so please follow up with me as you require.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Best

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer ,

I recently posted a response to your question, did this answer your question ?

If you need additional support you can follow up with me attorney Bill.

Your positive feedback is much appreciated and gives me a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or accept.

Thanks

Attorney Bill