Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son has lost everything in his divorce and can no longer…

Customer Question
My son has lost...

My son has lost everything in his divorce and can no longer pay for a lawyer because he is laid off and has to go to court on the 19th of January in delhi as his x-wife wants more money he needs help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

His x-wife is taking him back to court for more money

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes my son had to file bankrupty and we need to know if his x-wife filed as well, WE checked in Delaware county and could find nothing filed in her name, I need to know if and where she filed

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/6/2018
Family Lawyer: Layne Pecoff,
 replied 6 months ago
Layne Pecoff

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I am an attorney and I will be helping you. Nice to meet you.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

All bankruptcy cases, and all of the paperwork that has been filed for those cases is made public record. Meaning, you have access to view all of it.

You can go to this link: http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov and register a new account. Or we can hop on a phone call and I can help walk you through it.

Once you are on that website, you'll be able to see any bankruptcy matters that have been filed in Delaware county. Let me know if you get stuck, helping clients with stuff like this is my specialty!

I wish you all the best luck with this and it was my pleasure to answer your question!

If I have answered your question and you are satisfied, please rate 5 stars and click YES/ACCEPT on your screen. It does not cost you anything to click and it is the only way I can get credit for my work, and of course a positive 5 star rating would be appreciated. You can still ask me all your follow up questions, even after you please click YES/ACCEPT.

I wish you all the best in 2018.