Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter is being cyberstalked and he has sent text and…

Customer Question
My daughter is being...

My daughter is being cyberstalked and he has sent text and emails

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is your daughter in? It matters because laws vary by location.

My daughter is being stalked and harassed by her soon to be ex, papers have been filed, he plastered all over social media untruths about her, she is so emotionally drained she is saying she no longer wants to live , she is in fear of what he may do next

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

What can she do, he took all her money from her bank account today demanding she admit to cheating, which she hasnr5, only he has.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That he is stating he will keep doing more unless she confesses.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
1/5/2018
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
What can I answer for you? I see what you've written but I don't see a question listed.

What can she do , he's already plastered to Facebook lies of infidelity, he has no evidence, their is none to be had. He wont stop texting and emailing her , he withdrew all her money from her bank account today, he found an old check. He said he wontt stop til he recieved an admission of guilt, he will go further, he had freedom of speech????

She can file a restraining order against him, which would prevent him from writing he's writing on FB, texting/emailing her.

As far as the money, she can file a lawsuit against him as well as report him to the police.

What about what he's already done, is it against the law, im afraid she may take her life? She has never talked to me in such despair

Yes, that's why she would file a restraining order - as well as file a police report for the financial crime.